Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Wanna Be a Writer

I have always liked to write ~ for as long as I can remember. I wish I had kept some of my writing from high school. It would be fun to see how it has changed over the years. Anyhow, I write poetry and short stories, mostly just for fun or for friends. But I have always wanted to write a novel. Sound silly? And the older I get, the stronger the desire. I can't afford to take classes or anything. But, I recently found a whole year's worth of "The Writer" Magazine. It is FULL of information and writing exercises. It is a fascinating magazine. So, I have finally started working on my first novel, using some of the tips and lessons from the magazine. I also started 2 new blogs. The second one is linked to the first one. Just something I decided to try for fun. I don't know if I'll ever get anywhere with it, but it feels good. Another thing I have always enjoyed is learning new things. And I certainly have lots to learn about writing. So you should check it out. Click here to go to the first site. There is a link on that site to get to the second one if you have any interest.

No comments: