Monday, November 10, 2008

Like a Child
















Look at this beautiful, innocent child (my lovely granddaughter, picture taken this morning). She hasn't really a care in the world. She trusts completely, she is content, she fully believes that the one who is in charge of taking care of her and protecting her and supplying her needs... will. Haylie (just over 5 months old) has been teaching me so many things. But one of the biggest lessons is trust. What it looks like NOT to be the one in control, and be okay with that, and just peacefully trust. Is this what it means to come to God like little children? These days, God speaks to my heart most clearly and most loudly through little Haylie. And I never expected that. I expected a lot of things ~ joy, triggers, heartache, laughter, good and bad memories from the past, worry, tears, love ~ but I never expected that Haylie would be my teacher. Everyday that I am privileged to babysit, Haylie speaks to me of God again and again. Here I am Lord. I'm listening. Show me more and more of yourself. And watch over this precious gift we call Haylie, and bless her great big. Thank you, Lord, for her life. You have blessed us all with this precious little one.

Because of His amazing grace,
Rewritten Princess

No comments: