Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Layers of an Onion Part 2

I am afraid that my previous blog made it sound like there is only pain where my granddaughter is concerned, so I want to set that record very straight. She is the delight of my life. When she smiles at me the sun shines more brightly, and when she cries... well let's just say, she doesn't get much chance to cry at my house. When she is not here it feels like something very important is missing. She is the most beautiful little lady I have ever seen (no bias here). She has brought so much joy. And I really have to say that, even the triggers bring joy in the end, as each one is faced and grieved and given to God. So... We serve an awesome God, I have a very special granddaughter, I have a loving husband and a family who loves me (which includes a large church family). I think a good life, a balanced life, is a healthy mixture of joy and pain. I have that. So life is good. It just isn't always easy. Thank God for God, and for his faithfulness, his mercy, his unconditional love, his power to heal, his comfort, his strength, his... (the list goes on into eternity)

By God's oh-so-amazing grace,
the Rewritten Princess

No comments: