Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Grief

Grief is part of the healing process.  For me, I had to grieve the fact that I did not have the family I had always longed for growing up.  I grieved that I did not grow up being the apple of my daddy's eye, that I was not unconditionally loved, that I never really got to be a "little girl." Grieving the loss helped me to let it go, but I didn't want to get stuck in my grief. And I didn't want to get stuck in anger or bitterness. I can now rejoice in the blessings of today.  I can't change the past, but I chose not to let it ruin my present or my future. And I certainly don't want history to repeat itself in my kids and grandkids. When we don't deal with past hurts, we usually go on to hurt the people we love most, consciuosly or unconsciously. Perhaps you need to grieve the losses in your life. Here are a few to consider:

  • Loss of innocence
  • Loss of a nurturing family
  • Loss of security
  • Loss of a close relationship with your mother
  • Loss of a healthy relationship with your father
  • Loss of trust
  • Loss of employment
  • Loss of a marriage
  • Loss of a spouse
  • Loss of a child
  • Loss of a friendship
  • Loss of hope

God's resurrection power is more than sufficient to resurrect hope in you again. Allow His love to resurrect and re-write your soul. Take the time necessary to really heal. He has come to give you LIFE, ABUNDANT LIFE.

No comments: