Friday, October 3, 2008

Sarah Palin

I have been very impressed by Sarah Palin. I must admit, I have never been in favor of a female president in the past. I still feel that the pressures of the presidency/vice presidency are such that no one in their right mind would want to be subjected to that, male or female. I have noticed in the past how quickly most presidents visibly age after taking office. Ronald Reagan was an exception ~ he never really seemed too ruffled, and he didn't seem to age any faster than the normal process. I noticed the same thing about George W. Bush during his first term in office. His second term was a different story. I have wondered whether he spent more time on his knees in prayer during his first term, thus leading to more peace of mind and slower aging. I don't know this for sure, but it also appears evident to me in his decisions and policies of his second term ~ that perhaps he spent less time asking for divine guidance, thus leading to less peace, less divine wisdom, and more rapid aging. And what about prayer cover from fellow Believers?

Sarah Palin is beautiful, isn't she? And my goodness, didn't she handle the debate well last night? She is one smart lady, with a quick wit and able to think on her feet. She has the look of one who spends much time with her Lord. Whichever team is elected p/vp, they will be in desperate need of our prayers. (Of course I have my personal preference for the job.) America is hard on her public servants. The job is wrought with decisions that require divine guidance. Earthly wisdom will not be enough. And if the stresses of the job itself weren't enough, we have the mainstream media ripping them to shreds publicly over every tiny thing they can find (oh wait, that's only if the team is Republican).

My point is ~ we as Christians have a divine, God-given assignment. We are to pray for our leaders. All of them, no matter their political party. I can't help but wonder whether during George Bush's second term, Christians became too complacent, and began to neglect lifting him in prayer. Do we really understand the critical nature of this command from the God we love? It is the enemy of us ALL who wants us to be so busy that we don't have time or we forget to pray for our leaders. Busy-ness is not "just part of life." It is part of our enemy's plan for us. I really think that, more than George Bush, any failures in this past presidency rest on OUR shoulders, as his fellow Christians. I am not pointing fingers ~ I, too, am guilty. Somehow I just forgot to keep praying for him as diligently during his second term.

We cannot make that mistake again. Perhaps a good barometer of the amount of prayer from the Christians of America on behalf of the presidency is to watch the faces of the p/vp. If they appear to be unduly aging, we ain't prayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, Yes, YEs, YES, YYYYEEEESSS!!

:o)